JOB SUMMARY: In support of the Access Mission and Strategic Commitments, the Operations Assistant – Food Pantry is responsible for providing support in our Food Pantry Program. This will include stocking the food pantries, assisting and serving customers, overall hygiene and upkeep of Access food pantries to ensure the people in our service area will have their nutritional needs met.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Ensure orders are checked in and put away in a safe storage area in a timely manner
- Move and lift boxes of food to vehicles and transport to Access Food Pantry and other Access programs as needed. Unload using appropriate safety methods and store according to food safety standards
- Keep records of all food ordered and received
- Rotate food on the shelves and in cold storage
- Keep an accurate record of all families served using the forms created for the food pantry
- Provide direct service to customers
- Work with Operations and COVID Outreach staff to coordinate appointments/deliveries for customers
- Assist customers with gaining access to food in a timely manner
- Deliver food to individuals quarantined due to COVID-19
- Direct Service to customers will include all locations as well as delivery and pop-up locations
- Ensure overall hygiene and upkeep of the Access Food Pantry to ensure the people in our service area will have their nutritional needs met.
- Ensure all cleaning procedures follow COVID-19 guidance
- Maintain cleanliness of food pantry sites
- Ensure that all stock is rotated on a first in first out method
- Ensure that safe food storage and handling procedures are followed
- Other Duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Able to obtain a Servsafe Food Handler certification within 3 months of hire
- Effectively works independently in a fast-paced environment
- Works well with a diverse group of managers
- Problem solver, solution generator
- Reads and comprehends program plans and agency policies and procedures.
- Able to transport self as needed to complete essential functions and responsibilities outside of the office.
- Understands and utilizes basic budgeting principles and skills.
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Communicate effectively in both the written and spoken word
(*Significant work experience may be substituted for education credentials.)
- Regularly required to: talk, hear and use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Frequently required to: stand and sit.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
(*These demands represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
(*These characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Reports to: Sr. Director – Community Services
Other Key Employee Relationships: Program Directors, Case Managers, Intake Workers, Operation Assistants
Department: Community Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt