- Nonpartisan civic holiday to get Americans registered and #VoteReady
- Held each year on a Tuesday of September, with the next one on September 20, 2022
- Coordinated day of events to share registration opportunities before state deadlines
- Since 2012, nearly 4.7 MILLION voters have registered on the holiday, including 1.5m in 2020 alone!
- 2022 marks the 10th anniversary of the holiday, and this year it hopes to register at least 800,000 Americans for a lifetime total of 5 million registered voters.
Why celebrate National Voter Registration Day?
- As many as 1 in 4 eligible Americans are NOT registered to vote
- This figure is EVEN higher for youth and communities of color
- Millions of Americans miss elections each year due to registration problems or missing deadlines
- Our democracy works best when more of us participate!
- YOU have unique and trusted relationships in your community, and YOU can help change this!
How to join us!
- National Voter Registration Day is a partner-driven effort!
- Every year, thousands of partners of all stripes and sizes participate: nonprofits, campus and youth groups, high schools, libraries, election offices, companies, co-ops, digital platforms, media outlets, and more
- Partners organize community events, post on social media, conduct employee outreach, hold online events, and leverage their network and reach to register voters
Let’s get #VoteReady: