- A2E Classes – 11-week program that teaches personal empowerment, computer and financial literacy and provides individual case management to its students. Programs run three times a year.
- Mobile A2E – 6-week programs held in numerous locations in Windham and Tolland Counties that teach computer and financial literacy as well as case management support.
- Case Management – 1:1 support offering help with resume writing, job searches, application help, interview preparation, certification and continuing education searches and guidance for helping start a small business.
- Computer classes – 6-week classes in computer basics including email, document, spreadsheet and slide presentation creation, and Google Workspace.
or fill out the application attachment provided at the bottom of this page and return it via email to [email protected]. If you don’t have an email address or are unable to submit your application electronically, contact Sherry Perkins, Navigator – Employment Services at 860-450-7400 ext. 7457.
Our 11-week job training program is will start its Spring session soon!
If you are interested in becoming a more financially literate, tech-savvy, and empowered individual, apply to join the next cohort of Access to Employment!
Click Here to listen to the WILI radio segment with Wayne Norman to learn more about the employment program featuring Jeff Smithson, Proponent Of Play; Katherine Bottieri, Access Community Engagement Intern; Kathleen Krider, Access Sr. Dir. of Community Engagement
PARTICIPATING IN A2E:
The A2E job seeker…
- Is 18 years or older
- Has a baseline education of a GED
- Is currently under or unemployed
- Is looking to enter the labor market at a salary between minimum wage ($10.10/hr.) and $15/hr.
Interested in working in the healthcare or finance field? A2E’s training session will focus on training participants for careers in these two sectors.
THE A2E TRAINING PROGRAM:
The Access to Employment training program aims to address the systemic and logistical barriers that face job seekers in Northeastern Connecticut. The training program will include:
- Financial Coaching
- Computer Literacy, including training for Microsoft Office and office phone systems
- People Empowering People Training
A2E participants will be connected with a case manager to assist them through the training and job attainment process as well as for one year following their job placement. The plan developed between the A2E participant and case manager will be unique to each individual.
INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYERS:
The ultimate goal of A2E is to connect local employers with qualified job seekers as a means to foster mutual success. If you are an employer interested in hiring A2E graduates, please contact Sherry Perkins at [email protected] or phone at 860-450-7400 ext. 7457.
FLYERS AND BROCHURES
ELIGIBILITY & APPLYING
This program is for: Income eligible individuals and families living in Windham and Tolland counties.