child and adult care food program

Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)

*SAVE THE DATE* 2023 Zoom Trainings: August 23rd, at 6 PM.

The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and administered through the State Department of Education. The Access Community Action Agency is one of the sponsoring organizations of the program in Connecticut. To qualify for CACFP reimbursement a person needs only to be licensed by the State Department of Public Health to provide childcare services in their home. The program:

  • Ensures that participating childcare providers have the opportunity to consult with child nutrition experts.
  • Teaches children and adults about the benefits of eating wholesome foods.
  • Offers partial cash reimbursements to providers for serving nutritious meals and snacks to the children in their childcare center.
  • Reaching children while they’re in a childcare setting will help to instill in them the value of good nutrition choices throughout their lives.

CACFP currently has 160 licensed home child care providers, serving approximately 1,200 children.

If you are interested in the CACFP Program please contact Jennifer Smith at (860) 450-7448 or [email protected].

For more information contact us or view our brochure and list of Towns served by CACFP below.

For upcoming workshops please view the Access calendar tab above for upcoming dates.

crediting handbook for the child and adult care food program
Click the Presentation Below on how to Email a Claim
how to file a claim electronically

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
  2. Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. Email: [email protected].

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


This program is for: Child Care Providers

More information about enrolling in this program:

All licensed home child care providers in CT can apply.