Sometimes life can take you down a road with unexpected financial curves. We can help give you a new start.
The New Start program can help eliminate your outstanding balance in as little as 12 months. If you make on-time monthly payments, we’ll make up the difference.
Here’s how it works.
Eversource will review your account billing history and set a monthly budget payment based on the average of your regular monthly bill.
When you make your New Start monthly payment, a portion of your past due balance will be eliminated, or “forgiven,” reducing the amount you owe. The amount forgiven each month is calculated by taking your total past due balance and dividing it by 12.
As long as you continue to make your New Start payment, your service will not be shut-off for non-payment.
For example. if your budget payment amount is set at $150 per month and your past due balance is $1,200, for every month you make your required $150 budget payment towards your current bill, we will reduce your past-due balance by $100.
To be eligible:
- You must be a current Eversource residential customer.
- Your current account balance is $300 or more and at least 60 days overdue.
- Your income falls at or below 60 percent of the estimated state median income.
- You have applied for, and be eligible to receive, energy assistance funds, or be able to provide other proof of income.
- You continue to pay your monthly budget amount on-time each month.