ACCESS CASE MANAGEMENT
Access Case Management is available to assist individuals and families that have multiple needs with ongoing support. Through intake and assessment, we are able to identify and provide necessary referrals to both agency programs and outside resources, including the Department of Social Services programs. Customers are assisted in developing a service plan that identifies barriers that pose difficulty in moving towards self-sufficiency and strengths that boost their ability to be economically stable.
Case Managers provide crisis intervention to individuals and families in the following (but not limited to) areas:
- Assistance with seeking housing and employment
- Benefit Coordination (e.g., Child Support, Social Security, TANF, SNAP aka Food Stamps, SAGA, HUSKY, Health Care Exchange, etc.)
- Bus Passes
- Incentives (when funds are available)
- Interview Skills Training
- Job Referrals
- Mediation/Customer Advocacy Interventions
- Pre-Application Assistance (e.g., Child Support, Social Security, TANF, SNAP aka Food Stamps, SAGA, HUSKY, etc.)
- Referrals (e.g, WIC, Energy Assistance, Emergency Shelter, Food Bank, etc).
- Rent Payments (when funds are available)
- Resume Development
Willimantic Office Danielson Office
(860) 450-7400 ext. 7418 & 7430 (860) 412-1600 ext. 1646
ELIGIBILITY & APPLYING
This program is for: Income eligible individuals and families living in Windham and Tolland counties.
More information about enrolling in this program:
Anyone can make an appointment in Willimantic and Danielson.
MAIN PROGRAM CONTACT
is funded by the Connecticut Department of Social Services (DSS).